Background

Monday 2 May 2011

What's in Your Make-up Bag?

I tidyed my en-suite cabinet/shelves this morning and after seeing a few other bloggers put up pics what they keep in their make-up bags I thought I would show you mine. I like to keep things really minimal as I don't wear much make-up and I hate the thought of having loads of half used things lying around as I don't think its very hygenic!

1. Perfumes
I generally like either musky or sweet smells. Anais Anais is my all time favourite, I also love Miss Dior Cherie but its a tiny bottle so I only use it on special occasions. Lancome Miracle was bought for me by a friend years ago but I still use it from time to time

2. Facial Skincare

I'm a big fan of Clinique's 3 Step Skin care and I try to use it everyday but after a night out or when I've had to wear a lot of make-up I use the cheap cleanser and toner first which works just as well!

3. Nail Care

I only ever use nail polish on my toenails not my fingernails (hate the feeling!) so my nail polish collection is very limited. The max Factor nailfinity is my favourite as it goes on smooth and lasts for ages. I can't wait to try the Sally Hensen Chrome polish as I only just got this.

4. Hair Care

I'm very lazy with my hair products, I usually borrow something my mum has when blow dying but I keep these on my shelf. I have only used the Soap and Glory Hair Supply a couple of times but it didn't seem to make much difference if i'm honest.

5. Skin Care

This is by far my biggest collection of products but most of these were only purchased within the last couple of weeks. Its mainly Ted Baker and Soap & Glory stuff but I also use the Body Shop one sometimes but it has a really strong lavender smell so its nice to use as a massage cream.

6. Eyes

3 mascaras Black, blue and purple, 3 eyeliners 1 blue and 2 blac although the Benefit one is rubbish so I never use it! I liquid liner which scares me slightly and a couple of neutral eyeshadow palettes.

7. Lips


I can't stand lipgloss so I have to wear Lipstick. My favourites here are the Clinique one which is a neutral shimmer colour and the Avon one which is a really dark pink but its so soft and moisturising. My mum bought the Loreal lipstick and matching lip pencil but I'm not so sure the colour suits me.

8. Face


Finally, a random assortment of face stuff. I don't really wear foundation anymore but I'm trying to use up the Max Factor mineral foundation. I tend to use the Nivea tinted moisturiser day to day and maybe some bronzer over if I'm feeling exceptionally pale. Concealor is also one of the most important things to me as I have very dark circles under my eyes. I have yet to try the Avon face palette yet although I will probably wait until the Clinique blusher runs out completely.

What do you have in your make-up bag? I'm sure you will have more than me!

Alyssa xx

4 comments:

fayellafairy said...

i love miss dior cherie! Don't have very much left of it now!

mixnmatch1 said...

great post,although it makes mine look bad,i have way too much stuff i havent or dont use :S

Unknown said...

You should have a clear out, it will make you feel so good!

Janelle B. Shin said...

I have way too many cosmetics too, ugh... The one's I use everyday are: Philosophy cleanser + moisturizer, sunscreen, Boots No7 true identity foundation, and mascara. I always feel bad when I think of everything else I rarely use!