Background

Tuesday, 29 March 2011

The River Island Challenge

Ok, so I'm not a fan of River Island at all, I walk in and find everything looks poor quality, overpriced and often a little bit 'chavvy' dare I say it. The main problem I have is that I find something I like then realise it wont go with anything I already have in my wardrobe so I'm forced to look around to find a whole outfit.

I have set myself a challenge today to create some collages made up entirely from River Island items, the catch is they have to be outfits that I would be happy to wear myself, tricky eh. I ended up doing two, one for a sunny Spring day and then one for a warm Summer's day, hoping we have some!

I like to be quite smart even though I don't have to be dressed up at work and this shift dress is ideal, I think the casual blazer helps to dress it down and balances the neutral colours out. I wear boots all the time as my feet get cold but never owned any in a colour other than black so these beige ones would make a nice change. Tights are a necessity, sunglasses are optional though! Finally the bag would be perfect for me assuming its big enough to fit everything I need in!




This would be the sort of thing I like to wear on holiday, I have a dress very similar as I love anything polka dot but I find playsuits are a bit more practical. The sandals look really comfy and I neeed comfortable shoes. I have wanted a bag like this one for ages but they are always too small, I think the gorgeous colour livens up the whole outfit. Finally a headband to finish off to give it a 50's theme!
River Island grey shoes
40 GBP - riverisland.com
River Island heart handbag
25 GBP - riverisland.com
River Island black hair accessory
5.99 GBP - riverisland.com


I don't think I did too bad, obviously you never know what they will look like once they arrive. I ordered about 10 items in last years river island sale and I sent every single item back as they looked completely different from the website, hopefully things are getting better there!

Alyssa xx

3 comments:

fayellafairy said...

I love the first looks so cute!!!

Debbie_DooDaa said...

Love the colours in the second outfit and the shoes are gorgeous!

alyssa_randell said...

Those shoes are described as grey on the website but they look cream to me! But yes they are lovely. :)