Background

Tuesday 29 March 2011

The River Island Challenge

Ok, so I'm not a fan of River Island at all, I walk in and find everything looks poor quality, overpriced and often a little bit 'chavvy' dare I say it. The main problem I have is that I find something I like then realise it wont go with anything I already have in my wardrobe so I'm forced to look around to find a whole outfit.

I have set myself a challenge today to create some collages made up entirely from River Island items, the catch is they have to be outfits that I would be happy to wear myself, tricky eh. I ended up doing two, one for a sunny Spring day and then one for a warm Summer's day, hoping we have some!

I like to be quite smart even though I don't have to be dressed up at work and this shift dress is ideal, I think the casual blazer helps to dress it down and balances the neutral colours out. I wear boots all the time as my feet get cold but never owned any in a colour other than black so these beige ones would make a nice change. Tights are a necessity, sunglasses are optional though! Finally the bag would be perfect for me assuming its big enough to fit everything I need in!




This would be the sort of thing I like to wear on holiday, I have a dress very similar as I love anything polka dot but I find playsuits are a bit more practical. The sandals look really comfy and I neeed comfortable shoes. I have wanted a bag like this one for ages but they are always too small, I think the gorgeous colour livens up the whole outfit. Finally a headband to finish off to give it a 50's theme!
River Island grey shoes
40 GBP - riverisland.com
River Island heart handbag
25 GBP - riverisland.com
River Island black hair accessory
5.99 GBP - riverisland.com


I don't think I did too bad, obviously you never know what they will look like once they arrive. I ordered about 10 items in last years river island sale and I sent every single item back as they looked completely different from the website, hopefully things are getting better there!

Alyssa xx

3 comments:

fayellafairy said...

I love the first looks so cute!!!

Debbie_DooDaa said...

Love the colours in the second outfit and the shoes are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Those shoes are described as grey on the website but they look cream to me! But yes they are lovely. :)