Background

Sunday 25 September 2011

Avon Review

I remember when I was little my mum was an Avon lady for a short time. I loved the fact she gave me all her little sample lipsticks and perfumes. (I once drunk a perfume sample, but like I say I was little!) When I was older Avon seemed to fall out of popularity and had the reputation as a brand for old ladies. I tried a couple of things in my early teens but I reacted quite badly so decided that they weren't for me. Anyway, I have noticed recently that more and more young people are going back to Avon. I recently got a book through the door and my mum and I spent at least an hour pouring over the pages mesmerised by the great deals and the innovative products. I was wary of trying them as my sensitive skin had reacted in the past but I thought I ought to give it a go and here are a couple of reviews of things:

1. Avon Supershock Mascara in Black Waterproof

When I first tried this I was amazed at this product, It had been recommended to me. It was a very rich black and the brush coated your lashes evenly. It also didn't seem to smudge off. However, after a week or so, it seemed to get a bit gloopy and now ended up in a load of lumps which is disappointing.

2. Avon Supershock Mascara in Intense Violet



This is the range if colours of the Supershock mascara. I got the intense violet as I love purple but was gutted when I opened it to discover it wasn't lilac at all but grey! I actually use this mascara on a daily basis now as its great for work as it just separates the lashes and isn't too dark like the black. BUT it shouldn't be advertised as Violet. If you have tried any other colours please let me know!

3. Avon Ultra Color Rich Extra Plump Lipstick

 This product is Ok, I think I just picked the wrong colour for me. I picked shimmering apricot and it wasn't what I was after really. It smooth to apply, makes your lips feel soft but the tingling sensation is horrendous! I think it is the lip plumping ingredient getting to work but it feels too weird for me.

4. Avon Colour Trend Lip Colour Duo


I picked this as I thought it was quite fun, Colour Trend I think is more teenager type products but it was cheap. It has a small lipstick at one end, then a wand with gloss at the other end which I thought was the perfect design so you can have mat or shiny lips. The product itself is fine but the taste was so chemically and bad that I had to get rid of it.

5. Avon Planet Spa Face Masks
I actually really love this product. You can purchase the full size bottles of the facemasks but I decided to go for this set which has4 single-use sachets of 3 different Planet Spa face masks: Japanese Sake and Rice Smoothing Face Mask, Dead Sea Minerals Facial Mud Mask and Mediterranean Olive Oil Hydrating Face Mask. I can't quite decide which is my favourite one but I love the smell of the Japanese Saki and rice one! The sachets are very generous and the mask glides on really smoothly. It dries a little whist its on so you feel it is working and when you rinse it off you feel so clean. I recommend these to anyone

I have a few other products to share with you but I will save that for next time! Not sure how often I will be on here as I am in the process of buying a house but I will try my best to keep you updated!

Alyssa xx

1 comment:

Laydiana said...

I think the colored mascara would be alittle too much for me, but I would def try the JAPANESE SAKE and RICE SMOOTHING face mask, it looks very interesting..! How much did you pay it for? <3

www.overlavish.blogspot.com