Background

Saturday 21 May 2011

My recent purchases plus OOTD

I have had such a busy and stressful week that I decided I needed some retail therapy! I had to go to the shopping centre as I needed to get my mum's birthday present from WHSmiths so decided to look around the other shops as I only go to the shopping centre about once a year!

Here is what I wore. I needed something comfy and casual and as it was sunny and warm-ish I went for the plain maxi dress. I didn't really dress it up as I hate jewellery and stuff getting caught when trying on clothes etc.


Maxi Dress New Look £5
Cardigan Primark £11
Belt Free

First purchase was these leather loafers for £22, reduced from £44 from ebay. The postman brought them this morning which was a nice surprise as I wasn't expecting them to arrive til next week.



I then went a bit crazy in Primark as its somewhere I very rarely go. I bought a lovely tshirt which you may remember from a previous post so I went in to see if they still had it in another colour. I ended up buying it in cinammon.


I also picked up another cardigan in the same style as I was wearing but in a camel colour.


I got three vests for £2 each and a cream long sleeved tshirt as I like layering clothes.


These shorts are in anticipation of my holiday next month. A pair of stone coloured linen shorts and some patterned light weight cotton ones which will be great to throw on with one of the vests above!


Some extra bits include a headband which is memory wire with fabric over so you can twist it around your head. It is so comfortable to wear and doesn't slip off like a headscarf. Some glossy natural tights, I love these ones as they have aloe vera in and your legs feel moisturised when you take them off!
The wedges were actually from Blue Inc, I just saw them on the rack in the entrance, they had them in coral too but unfortunately not in my size so I went for black instead.


I then nipped into the Body Shop, (another shop I never go in) as I really needed something for my skin. I've been using the Benefit B.right range but I have just started breaking out again so I think my skin is too sensitive for it. I spent ages talking to the assistant who was really helpful and let me test everything and this is what I came out with.


From left to right:
Tea tree skin clearing lotion for blemished skin
Vitamin C facial polish for dull skin
Eye roll on and brightener for dull skin 

The three items on the right were free gifts because I spent over £25. And they include Vitamin E hand cream, Vitamin E eye cream and a mascara. Heard lots of good reviews of the Body Shop mascaras so looking forward to trying it out.

So let me know what you think, was I sensible shopper? haha

Alyssa xx


3 comments:

Mademoiselle Lala said...

You will officially fell in love with The Body Shop mascara. I have just regular plain black one and it's the best one I've ever had - nothing compares to it - it just lengthens and make volume like no other!

I love your Primark splurge! I have shop next door to my gym and I'm at the gym 4-5 times a week. Enough said! ;) X


P.S. Please visit my blog, I'm having a giveaway!

http://mademoiselle-la-la.blogspot.com/

mixnmatch1 said...

love the colours and you really suit the maxi dress,what a bargain for £5 wow!

fayellafairy said...

i really need to get me to a primark asap! I love your ootd! x